GEEARS is committed to quality early learning settings throughout the state to foster safe child care that promotes healthy child development. We are pleased to partner with Quality Care for Children and the Committee for Economic Development to offer an opportunity to both educate our policymakers and advocate for quality child care in a nonpartisan manner. Child care is an important work support for parents to ensure that they can obtain and retain employment. And, working parents are the backbone of our state’s economy. At the same time, given the hours that children spend in child care, it is also a critical early learning setting. To make contacting policymakers and the media as easy as possible, site visitors can use our action center. Taking action is easy and we hope that you will take a look at our action center and use it to share your views with state and federal policymakers.
What’s in the action center?
• A state legislative directory
• A State agency directory
• A local government directory
• A Congressional delegation directory
• A Georgia media directory
• A Guide to communicating with legislators
• Legislative Alerts & Updates)
Note: In addition to the directories (names, phone numbers, and emails), sample messages for you to send or put in your own words are posted for your convenience.
- QRIS Facts
- Early Education Facts
- Sample Letter to Legislators — from Parents
- Sample Letter to Legislators — from Business Leaders
- Early Education Flow Chart
- Business Tax Incentives for Child Care
- Employee Tax Incentives for Child Care
- Tips, Resources & Definitions for Child Care
- The Business Case for Early Education Investments (One Pager)